Watch both videos together. The animated video gives an over view of the bible story and the video with Zane and Pastor Ryan talk about the themes or concepts.
If you have good readers, have them read the verse, otherwise read it slowly and let everyone listen.
There are activities that go along with the lesson that can enrich the devotional time with God.
February 21: Joseph Helps His Family
Lesson takeaway: God can use bad things for good.
W Joseph’s story introduces one of the Bible’s main themes—that God is working for good even in the midst of terrible things. This theme plays out many times in biblical stories.
Joseph is an excellent example of suffering and trials, and we get a little insight into how God is able to work in all circumstances. No one wants to go through trials and difficult times but we all will. We can look to Joseph to remember to hold onto God and wait to see what He is able to do.
We can’t always see how God will bring goodness, and sometimes we won’t know this side of heaven what He did, but we can be assured that He is active.
Some questions to discuss and learn about our faith with our little ones:
1. Can you think of a time when you had to wait to see how God was working? (hint: this last year with Covid-19 is full of trials)
2. What do you have to celebrate today? How do past sorrows and difficulties make your celebration even that much sweeter?
3. Can you remember a time when you helped somebody who may not have deserved help. How did things work out? How did you feel about your role in it?
4. Have you had to forgive a family member? Was it easy or hard to do?
5. When is God with you? How do you know?
Dear Jesus thank you for always being with us. Help us to see that you are with us, and helping us even when things difficult or we can’t see you. Amen.